Board of Regents
Frank Phillips College is governed by a nine-member Board of Regents elected to staggered six-year terms by the registered voters of the Borger Junior College District. The board functions to set policy for the college, to ensure the college's financial well-being, and to select and hire the President of the College. Members of the Board of Regents include the following individuals.
The Board of Regents meet every 3rd Monday of the Month, unless otherwise noted. Member of Texas Association of School Boards.
Board of Regents Election Information
|Elected Official||Elected/ Appointed||Current Term||Term Expires|
|Dr. Shad Goldston||2012||2018||2024|
|Jesus Heredia, Jr.||2017||2018||2024|
|Dr. Stephanie Palmer||2019||2018||2024|
|David Speed - Spring Creek||2019||2016||2022|
Upcoming Election: May 7, 2022
Deadline to File for Candidacy (as identified by the Texas Secretary of State's Office):
- First Day to File for a Place on the General Ballot: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
- Last Day to File for a Place on the General Ballot: Friday, February 18, 2022
Requirements for Candidacy:
Candidates seeking election as a Regent must:
- Be a resident qualified Texas voter;
- Be a Texas resident for 12 months prior to the filling deadline; and
- Be a resident of the College District for six months prior to the filing deadline.