Message From The President
Hello and welcome to the Plains!
Thank you for considering Frank Phillips College. Whether you are thinking of coming here as a degree or certificate seeking student, a person interested in lifelong learning or continuing education classes, or some other reason, we want to make your campus experience rewarding and memorable. The FPC faculty and staff know that your decision to attend FPC will reap great experiences and wonderful benefits for you.
As the fastest growing Texas community college, FPC is fully prepared to offer you an affordable, high-quality education—no matter what your circumstances are. Whether you are enrolling in face-to-face classes, online classes, or a combination of the two, we are here to help you succeed.
FPC is more than buildings or an online presence. FPC is a community – a group of people with the same goal: to help you learn and to prepare you for the future. FPC is a successful college because it is a partner in the success of each student. You, the student, are the focus of all our efforts.
At Frank Phillips College, we take a very vigorous approach to student success. That means:
- Assisting students set realistic academic and career goals and follow the path that will lead them to their goals.
- Providing students with excellent support services that will assist students to complete the courses and programs they have chosen.
- Offering courses and programs that take students to the next level – admission to a four-year college or university, employment in a rewarding career or the achievement of personal goals.
- Investing in people, programs, facilities, and technologies that help students succeed.
- Preparing students for the employment opportunities of tomorrow.
For example, FPC offers one of the premier instrumentation and electrical technology programs in the state as well as the only genetics program specializing in embryonic transfer. The FPC licensed vocational nursing program is one of the best in the state, with 100% of the students passing the state nursing exam for four consecutive years.
Frank Phillips College has a long tradition of helping students achieving success in their career and educational goals. Like thousands of FPC students before you, your time here will allow you to build relationships and connections you will cherish for a lifetime. The college is proud to be a part of that experience and your success.
Our faculty and staff are committed to making every student and visitor feel welcomed and valued. Whether it is a formal tour or a chance to talk with a faculty member in an academic area of interest, we want to get to know you and say hello. We would be honored to have you as part of the Frank Phillips Family.
Again, on behalf of the FPC Board of Regents, faculty, and staff, welcome to the Plains!
With Plainsmen Pride,
Glendon S. Forgey, President