Dual-Credit Students at Frank Phillips College

Are you a dual-credit student or wanting to enroll in dual-credit classes at Frank Phillips College? You're at the Right Place! 


Discuss Your Options 

Discuss course options with your high-school counselor.

Your counselor will tell you if you meet the criteria to enroll in dual credit courses.

Frank Phillips College determines acceptance of all students, including dual-credit students. However, the college requires permission from a high-school official for students to enroll to ensure that the high school is able to articulate the credit.



Apply for Admission

Apply for admission. Then, fill out enrollment sheet for dual credit either with your counselor or an FPC Representative.


TSI Assessment as Required

Take appropriate TSI test or check with your counselor to see if you are eligible.
(See below for eligibility requirements)

You may meet with an advisor (see Advisor table below) who can help you prepare for the TSI Assessment if you need to take it.

The cost is 10.00 per section (reading, writing, math), and you pay only for the section(s) you need to take. The cost of retesting is the same.


Dual-Credit Advisor List

Site List
Location Advisor Email Address Telephone #
Borger Borger High School Michele Stevens mstevens@fpctx.edu (806) 457-4200 X 707
Dalhart Center Ilene Walton iwalton@fpctx.edu (806) 244-7669
Dumas Dumas Cosmetology
Misty Light mlight@fpctx.edu (806) 394-9494
Perryton Perryton High School Cassi Laxton
Rene Schwalk
(806) 648-1450 X 607
(806) 648-1450 X 649
All Other
High School
All Locations Kamron Nonhof knonhof@fpctx.edu (806) 457-4200 X 775


Provide Transcripts

Your high school will provide appropriate transcripts and other registration related materials to the Office of Admissions and Records.

Dual-credit students will work with the high-school counselor and the FPC advisor to ensure that students are enrolled in the correct courses and sections. Depending on your location, your FPC advisor with either enroll you at your high-school campus or at an FPC campus.


Proof of Vaccination

If a student is taking classes on an FPC Campus, proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination is required.

The date of the vaccination must be at least 10 days prior to the first day of classes.

Any student aged 22 or younger who is attending classes on a college campus must have a vaccination within the previous five years. Students may seek an exemption for reasons of conscience.

Evidence of Vaccination against meningitis: Meningitis Vaccination Form

Exemption from meningococcal Vaccination Requirements for Reasons of Conscience Form



Enroll for Classes

Enroll for classes with an advisor. Dual-credit students will work with the High School counselor and the FPC advisor to ensure that students are enrolled in the correct courses and sections.

Depending on your location, your FPC advisor with either enroll you at your High School campus or at an FPC campus.


Pay for Classes

Pay Online:
Log into the Student Portal and check the billing statement under “MY LEDGER.”

Under MY LEDGER, click pay now – Do not change the amount you are paying.


Only use payment plan if you intend to make payments.

Pay by mail with check or money order to:
Frank Phillips College Business Office
P.O. Box 5118
Borger, Texas 79008

What is Dual Credit?

The dual credit program allows high school students the opportunity to enroll in college courses while still in high school provided they have:

  • Achieved the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board testing standard on STARR EOC, PLAN, PSAT, ACT, SAT, or TSI;
  • Been granted permission from the high school principal or counselor; and
  • Been evaluated by the Director of Enrollment Management for admission based on demonstrated ability for the courses in which they seek enrollment.

Certain courses are approved through dual credit partnerships between the college and local independent school districts for dual high school and college credit.  Dual credit students enroll in college courses while in high school and earn college credit that the high school will convert to high school credit for graduation purposes.

To be admitted, dual credit students must demonstrate college-level proficiency through a standardized test noted above and provide the Office of Educational Services with written approval of the high school principal or counselor, an official high school transcript, and state-mandated test scores or proof of exemption.

HB 505, effective immediately, states the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board may not limit: 1) The number of dual credit courses or hours in which a student may enroll while in high school; 2) The number of dual credit courses or hours in which a student may enroll each semester or academic year; or 3) The grade levels at which a high school student may be eligible to enroll in a dual credit course.

Dual credit students must adhere to all college policies and procedures set forth in the Student Handbook, including email, CAMS, rules of plagiarism, concerns and complaints, grade appeals, and disciplinary action and appeals.


To qualify for dual credit, students must:

  1. Get approval from the high school counselor
  2. Comply with Texas Success Initiative testing requirements concerning eligibility based on testing.  Test that may be used to determine eligibility for dual credit are TSIA (taken prior to January 11, 2021), TSIA2 (taken January 11, 2021 or after), STAAR EOC, ACT, and SAT.
  3. Meet established prerequisites for any course.
  4. Complete an Application for Admission to Frank Phillips College

Prospective students who do not meet one of the methods of admission above for dual credit, please contact the Director of Dual Credit at 806-457-4275.

Contact Information

Kamron Nonhof


806-457-4200 X775

Booker, Canadian, Canyon, Darrouzett, Felt, Follett, Gruver, Hereford, Nazareth, Randall, Sanford-Fritch, Spearman, Spring Creek, Stinnett, Stratford, Sunray, and Wildorado.

Michele Stevens


806-457-4200 ext. 707


Cassi Laxton


806-648-1450 ext. 607



Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who pays for the class?
    • Students pay for their own classes unless otherwise stated by their school districts.
  • Are books required?
    • Yes, books are required in most classes.
  • Are students eligible for federal aid?
    • No, dual credit students do not receive federal aid.
  • What are the requirements to enroll in dual credit?
    • Dual credit students must meet the college readiness standards set forth by THECB. (see below)
  • Will students' college courses transfer to other institutions?
    • Yes, as per the THECB rules, dual credit CORE ACADEMIC courses will transfer to any state university in Texas.  Students are encouraged to contact their respective institution for transfer guidelines.
  • Are there dual credit scholarships?
    • Yes, the dual credit scholarship application is available online.
  • Do I automatically qualify for a scholarship?
    • No, filling out a scholarship application does not make a student eligible for a scholarship.
  • Are there payment plans available?
    • Yes.  The payment plan is available through the student portal.
  • When is payment due?
    • Payment is due the Friday before classes begin.
  • What is the benefit of dual credit?
    • Taking dual credit classes saves money and provides a jump start toward college graduation.
  • My child is a minor and taking dual credit courses, what are my rights as a parent?
    • The U.S. Department of Education has stated that if a student is attending a postsecondary institution, at any age, the rights under FERPA have transferred to the student.


(FERPA) Family Education Rights and Privacy Act Statement