Admissions & Records Overview

At FPC we take the stewardship of your records seriously and take precautions to guard your personal information.

1: Official High school transcript or GED equivalent.

2: Demonstrate proficiency in state mandated general knowledge content through approved means (ACT, SAT, or TSIA2)

3: Submit an application for admission through Apply Texas. 

4: Provide official transcripts of all colleges attended.

5: Provide proof of vaccination for bacterial meningitis, only required for students under the age of 22.

(see additional information about bacterial meningitis below.)

Student Records

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (P. L. 93-380 Education Amendments of 1974), Frank Phillips College provides information concerning the student records maintained by the college. Student records may be collected in a variety of locations, but the Office of Enrollment Management maintains ownership of permanent records. Records may be stored electronically in a student’s virtual account, and paper copies of some records are maintained.

Review of Records

Students are entitled to review information contained in their permanent educational records. Any student who desires to review his or her record may do so upon written request to the office immediately responsible for the record. After review, students are entitled to challenge the accuracy of records through informal and formal hearings.

Hold Placed on Records

A hold is placed on a student’s records, including grades and transcripts, when the student fails to resolve financial obligations with the college. A hold will also be placed on the student’s transcript when the student fails to provide required transcripts from prior educational institutions. The hold remains in effect until all obligations have been resolved. Students may not register for classes until all holds have been resolved.


Directory Information

Under P. L. 93-380, the college is authorized to release directory information to the general public without the written consent of the student. A student may request that all or any of the general information be withheld from the public by making a written request to the Office of Educational Services by the last official day to register for a given semester. The request will apply only to the current enrollment period. The following information is considered directory information:

  • Name
  • Dates of Attendance
  • Student Classification
  • Degrees and certificates received
  • Awards received, the type of award received (academic, technical, Tech-Prep or continuing education)
  • Field of Study
  • Enrollment Status (full-time, part-time, undergraduate, etc.)
  • Name of most recent institution attended
  • Current address, includes email address
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams

Release of Information

It is the intent of Frank Phillips College to comply fully with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 which protects the privacy of educational records, establishes the rights of students to inspect and review their education records, and provides guidelines for correction of inaccurate or misleading data.

Other than directory information or legally required releases of information, the College will not permit release of educational records without the student’s written consent. The consent must be signed and dated by the student and must indicate which records are to be released, the purpose of the release, and the name of the agency to which the records will be released.

Permission Release Form

A permission release form can be filed in the office of educational services as the written consent of the release of educational records to any person or persons listed on the permission release form. The permission release form stays on the student’s record as long as the student is continuously enrolled at FPC. It becomes null and void once the student misses one long semester (fall or spring). If students would like to change the form at any time, it is their responsibility to notify the Office of Educational Services.

Request for release of student information or for additional information concerning FERPA should be directed to the Director of Enrollment Management at 806-457-4200 x 707 or

Requesting Transcripts

In Person 
Go to the Office of Educational Services, CLC-22 (Classroom Learning Complex) and complete a Transcript Release Form. Please bring a photo ID.

Note: Individuals other than the student can order or pick up transcripts only with written permission from the student. The written authorization MUST be dated, name the person specifically that will be picking up the transcript, include the last four of the student’s SSN, name of the student, birthdate of the student, and be signed by the student.

Submit the FPC Transcript Request Form.

By Fax
A completed and signed FPC Transcript Request Form.

By Mail 
Send a completed and signed FPC Transcript Request Form to the following address:

Frank Phillips College 
Admissions and Records
PO Box  5118
Borger, TX 79008-5118

By E-Mail
Send an e-mail request to for transcripts to be mailed to another college or university. Please include name, last four of student’s SSN, birthdate, and full mailing information for transfer school.

Electronic Transmission
Electronic transcripts will be transmitted from Frank Phillips College through the Parchment service. There is a $2.50 fee for this service payable to Parchment at the time of the request. E-mail confirmation will be sent to you once your request has been processed. Click Here.

Student Portal
Request an official/unofficial transcript or view and print your unofficial transcript Click Here.

Overnight Service 
The cost is $75.00 per transcript payable by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. 

Residency Status

To be considered Texas residents, students must clearly establish residence in Texas for the twelve months preceding their enrollment. The student is responsible for registering under the proper residence classification and for providing documentation as required. If there is any question about the right to classification as a resident of Texas, it is the student’s obligation, prior to the time of enrollment, to raise the question for official determination by the administrative staff of Frank Phillips College. Students classified as Texas residents must affirm the correctness of that classification as part of the admission procedure. If classification should change, it is the responsibility of the student to notify the Director of Enrollment Management. Failure to notify the institution constitutes a violation of the oath of residency and will result in disciplinary action.

All students must pay tuition according to their resident classification as follows:

A resident of the Borger Junior College District is a student who resides within the Borger Junior College District and is not classified as a Non-Resident of Texas as explained in this section.

A resident of Ochiltree County is a student who resides within Ochiltree County and is not classified as a Non-Resident of Texas as explained in this section.

A Non-resident (of a Taxing District) is a student that neither resides within the Borger Junior College District or Ochiltree County nor is classified as a Nonresident of Texas.

A Non-resident of Texas is a student younger than 18 years of age who does not live with his or her family and whose family resides in another state or whose family has not resided in Texas for the 12 months preceding the date of registration or a student of 18 years of age or over who resides out of state or who has not been a resident of the state 12 months after his 18th birthday or for 12 months immediately preceding the date of registration.

Residency Status

Residency rules are established by the state Legislature and governed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Frank Phillips College is obligated to the State of Texas and the citizens of the FPC District to uphold all rules and requirements of residency for tuition purposes.

Steps for Applying for a Residency Status Change
Please be aware that as part of this process you may be asked to provide numerous pieces of documentation that you may consider to be of a personal nature. Failure to provide the requested documents may result in the rejection of your petition. Changes in tuition status are not retroactive.

  • Fill out the Student Data Change Form completely (located here)

For more information on our Admissions & Registration Process please visit our College Catalog, pgs. 23 -31

2019-2021 College Catalog, Admissions Section

Important Information about Bacterial Meningitis

The 77th Texas Legislature requires that all public institutions of higher education notify all new students about bacterial meningitis and to obtain confirmation from the students that they received the information.

This information is provided to all new college students in the state of Texas. Bacterial Meningitis is a serious, potentially deadly disease that can progress extremely fast–so take utmost caution. It is an inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord. The bacterium that causes meningitis can also infect the blood. This disease strikes about 3,000 Americans each year, including 100-125 on college campuses, leading to 5-15 deaths among college students every year. There is a treatment, but those who survive may develop severe health problems or disabilities.

Bacterial Meningitis Information (SB 1107)

This information is being provided to all new college students in the state of Texas. Beginning January 2012, all first-time students and students that have not attended any Texas college or university during the 2011 fall semester that are under the age of 30 will be required to have the bacterial meningitis vaccination at least 10 days prior to the first day of the semester. Students will not be able to register until proof of vaccination is on file in the Admissions office.

The following is acceptable evidence of vaccination or receiving a booster dose:

  • The signature or stamp of a physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel on a form which shows the month, day, and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered;
  • An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority; or
  • An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state

Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Form

What are the symptoms?
  • High fever
  • Severe headache
  • Rash or purple patches on skin
  • Vomiting
  • Light sensitivity
  • Stiff neck
  • Confusion and sleepiness
  • Nausea
  • Lethargy
  • Seizures

There may be a rash of tiny, red-purple spots caused by bleeding under the skin. These can occur anywhere on the body.

Those people who are presenting numerous symptoms must seek immediate medical attention due to their high risk or increased complications.

How is Bacterial Meningitis diagnosed?
  • Diagnosis is made by a medical provider and is usually based on a combination of clinical symptoms and laboratory results from spinal fluid and blood tests.
  • Early diagnosis and treatment can greatly improve the likelihood of recovery.
How do you increase your risk of getting Bacterial Meningitis?
  • Exposure to saliva by sharing cigarettes, water bottles, eating utensils, food, kissing, etc.
  • Living in close conditions (such as sharing a room/suite in a Student Apartment or group home).
What are the possible consequences of the disease?
  • Death (in 8 to 24 hours from perfectly well to dead)
  • Permanent brain damage
  • Kidney failure
  • Learning disability
  • Hearing loss, blindness
  • Limb damage (fingers, toes, arms, legs) that requires amputation
  • Gangrene
  • Coma
  • Convulsions
Can the disease be treated?
  • Antibiotic treatment, if received early, can save lives and chances of recovery are increased. However, permanent disability or death can still occur.
  • Vaccinations are available and should be considered for:
  • Those living in close quarters
  • College students 25 years old or younger
  • Vaccinations are effective against four of the five most common bacterial types that cause 70 percent of the disease in the U.S. (but does not protect against all types of meningitis).
  • Vaccinations take 7-10 days to become effective, with protection lasting three to five years.
  • The cost of vaccine varies, so check with your healthcare provider.
  • Vaccination is very safe – most common side effects are redness and minor pain at injection site for up to two days.
  • Vaccination is available from local healthcare providers.
How can I find out more information?
  • Contact your own health care provider.
  • Contact your local or regional Texas Department of Health office at 655-7151.
  • Contact web site:

The student has a right to claim an exemption from the vaccination requirement. To claim the exemption the student must provide one of the following:

  • An affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is stated that, in the physician’s opinion, the vaccination required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student; or
  • An affidavit signed by the student stating that the student declines the vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. A conscientious exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services must be used.