Dates of Semesters:
Spring Main Session - January 22 - May 16, 2019
FINAL EXAMS - May 13-16, 2019
December Mini-Term - December 26, 2018 - January 9, 2019
FINAL EXAMS - January 9,2019
Fall Main Session - August 27 - December 18, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - December 12-13, 17-18, 2018
Summer II Main Session - July 11 - August 16, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - August 15-16,2018
Summer I Main Session - June 4 - July 10, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - July 9-10, 2018
Summer Long Session - June 4 - August 16, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - August 15-16,2018
May Mini-Term - May 17-30, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - July 9-10, 2018
Spring Main Session - Jan 22, 2018 - May 15, 2018
FINAL EXAMS - May 9-10, 14-15, 2018
Student Rights & Responsibilities
Students have a RIGHT to ask:
- What financial assistance is available?
- What are the deadlines for submitting applications?
- What is the cost of attending and refund policies?
- What criteria is used to select financial aid recipients?
- How is financial need determined?
- What criteria is used to determine the amount of student's award?
- What is satisfactory progress and does it affect me?
It is the students' RESPONSIBILITY to:
- Be informed about the institution before enrolling.
- Complete all forms accurately and submit them on time.
- Read and understand forms they are asked to sign.
- Know and comply with deadlines.
- Report all changes in address, telephone number, name, grants, scholarships, and school status to the Student Financial Services Office.
- Accept responsibility for all signed agreements.
FPC Student ID Card Information
All students and staff are encouraged to obtain and carry a Plainsmen ID Card.
You'll use your Plainsmen Card often, so make sure to carry it with you at all times. You will be able to use your card to:
- Receive financial aid disbursements (unless you designate another financial institution)
- Purchase food through your meal plan
- Attend athletic events
- Receive student discounts from participating merchants.
Frank Phillips College and Herring Bank have teamed up to offer you a convenient, one-card solution with the Plainsmen Card. The Plainsmen Card is a multi-functional Student ID card which allows you to open an optional checking that offers free access to Herring Bank ATMs and to make no-fee purchases at merchant locations that accept MasterCard or pin-based transactions. It's the easy way to access cash and make purchases on and off campus.
A Herring Bank College checking account offers you:
- No monthly service fee
- Easy access to free Herring Bank ATM's on and around campus
- Free access to online banking - check balances and view your checking account statement online from anywhere you have internet access. www.PlainsmenCard.com
- Get paid faster - direct deposit of your financial aid and/or direct deposit of your paycheck.
Students financial aid disbursements and all other refunds can be directed to an existing account or to your Student ID Debit Card checking account offered by Herring Bank. To make your refund choice go to Student Central in the Library and complete your designation.
Visit Student Central in the Library to get your Plainsmen Card, call Student Central at 806-457-4200 or visit Student Central in the Library, (Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm).
Need to report a lost or stolen card?
Contact Herring Bank 24/7 at 1-866-348-3435. You will also need to go to Student Central in the Library for a new card.
Student ID Card FAQ's
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Frank Phillips College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The policy has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within the document.
The Plainsmen ID Card is an official Frank Phillips College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Frank Phillips College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, and meal plans. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
- Who Qualifies for a card?
b. Faculty & Staff
Permanent employees of Frank Phillips College, defined as receiving benefits, are entitled to a free Plainsmen ID Card as a condition of their employment.
c. College Board
Any member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
- Expiration of Plainsment ID Card
a. ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with the College.
- Policy on ID Picture Taking
a. For ID card pictures Frank Phillips College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All banadannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
- Card Fee Structure:
a. Students First ID Card-
The cost of the Plainsmen Card is added into the cost of attendance for all students. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
b. Students Replacement Cards-
An $11 charge will be placed on the student's college account when a replacement ID card is issued If payment is not received by due date, student records are sealed by the Business Office. All payments must be submitted to Student Central.
c. Faculty / Staff / Others-
Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
d. Free Replacement Cards for Cardholders-
• Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
• If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
- Responsibilities as a Cardholder
a. Deactivating or Reinstating your Plainsmen Card
Faculty/Staff, Students, and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Frank Phillips College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
b. Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The College's Student Central in the Library provides replacement service of ID cards during operational hours (8 AM - 5 PM, - Th: 8 AM - 4PM, F). The cards can be replaced at Student Central. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked token questions for verification purposes before the card is cancelled.
- Information Sources
a. Website address: www.FPCTX.edu