What is the class schedule?
Classes meet Monday through Friday evenings from 5 pm to 10 pm.
BARBER FALL 2022 Student Calendar
- August 22 - Classes Begin
- August 22 - 24 – Orientation
- August 26 – Final day to Register
- September 5 – Labor Day
- October 17 -20 – Mid Term Exams – Written and Practical
- October 31 – Halloween Carnival
- November 21 -24 - Thanksgiving Break
- December 5-8 – Semester Final Exams – Written and Practical
- December 13 – Last Day of Classes
The above dates are scheduled for the semester; we will do our best to keep the dates set as written. If dates are changed we will notify you with enough time to adjust your agenda.
Frank Phillips College
Sec. 1601.558. REQUIRED COURSES.
- (a) A barber school shall instruct students in the theory and practice of subjects necessary and beneficial to the practice of barbering, including:
- (1) the laws governing the practice of barbering in this state;
- (2) scientific fundamentals of barbering;
- (3) hygienic bacteriology;
- (4) histology of the hair, skin, muscles, and nerves;
- (5) the structure of the head, neck, and face;
- (6) elementary chemistry relating to sterilization and antiseptics;
- (7) common disorders of the skin and hair;
- (8) massaging of muscles of the scalp, face, and neck;
- (9) haircutting;
- (10) shaving, shampooing, bleaching, and dyeing of hair;
- (11) administration of facial treatments, hair weaving, and servicing of wigs; and
- (12) any other barbering services.
- (b) At least five hours each week shall be devoted in the classroom to the instruction of theory. If classes are conducted:
- (1) five days a week, one hour each day shall be devoted to instruction in theory; and
- (2) four days a week, one hour and 15 minutes each day shall be devoted to instruction in theory.
- (c) Saturdays shall be devoted exclusively to practical work over the chair.
- (d) A barber school may not increase, decrease, or withhold for any reason the number of credit hours earned by a student.
Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 388, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Amended by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 246, Sec. 16, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.
Please see below for the tools that will be required once enrolled in the Barber Program: (Pricing and ISBN numbers included below)
- 1000 hr program: Kit $598.43 +
Book Bundle ISBN 9780357575390 $280.00 = $878.43
- 300 hr program : Kit 202.69 +
Book Bundle ISBN 9780357575390 $280.00 = $482.69
UPDATED 8/2/2022 JA
Contact information for Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
NOTICE OF POTENTIAL INELIGIBILITY FOR LICENSE
- restricts the issuance of occupational licenses based on a license applicant’s criminal history; and
- authorizes the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), in some cases, to consider a person convicted, even though the person was only on probation or community supervision without a conviction.
As an applicant/enrollee in an educational or training program that prepares individuals for issuance of an occupational license, I have been provided with notice by Frank Phillips College of the following:
- If I have been convicted of an offense or placed on probation, I might not be eligible for an occupational license issued by TDLR after I complete this educational or training program;
TDLR’s criminal history guidelines are available at www.tdlr.texas.gov/crimconvict.htm and include restrictions or guidelines TDLR uses to determine eligibility for an occupational license; and
- I have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter from TDLR, which is explained in more detail at www.tdlr.texas.gov/crimhistoryeval.htm.
Section 53.152, Occupations Code, requires that notice be provided to each applicant and enrollee regardless of whether the applicant or enrollee has been convicted of an offense.
REFUND AND ORDERED PAYMENTS. State law requires TDLR to order an educational program provider to refund tuition, license application fees, and examination fees if:
- TDLR determines the provider failed to provide notice to me; and
- my license application was denied because of my criminal history.
For information about our full cosmetology program, click the button below
- Cosmetology Faculty -
FPC Borger Cosmetology Center
Jodie Gandy, Borger Instructor
firstname.lastname@example.org | (806) 457-4200, Ext. 755
Misty Sullivan, Barber Instructor
FPC Perryton Cosmetology Center
Kevin Harrison, Perryton Instructor
email@example.com | (806) 648-1450
The accreditation of all FPC locations is dependent on the accreditation of the parent campus located in Borger, TX.
Frank Phillips College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Frank Phillips College.