Welcome to Veteran Affairs
Frank Phillips College honors all veterans and active-duty military and their service to our country. If you are a veteran, or a survivor or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans' educational benefits to help you achieve a valuable education.
For more information call Beverly Fields, Financial Student Services Office at (806) 457-4200 ext. 796.
Questions? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies & Guidelines
Previous education/training evaluation
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) requires that all previous education and training be evaluated for possible credit. Students are responsible for furnishing the FPC Veterans Representative with official transcripts from all schools previously attended. (This includes civilian colleges and universities, CLEP exams, and military transcripts)
Enrollment will not be certified to the VA until all necessary documentation has been received by the FPC Veterans' Representative.
Declaring a major
All veterans receiving VA benefits are required to declare an FPC major.
- Veterans are allowed to take only courses required under the selected FPC degree plan, approved electives, and prerequisite courses. Courses used as approved electives or as substitutes for required courses must be approved (in writing) by your faculty advisor and documentation furnished to the FPC Veterans Representative.
- The VA will not pay veterans for repeating coursework previously passed at FPC or other institutions. (Grades of "D" may transfer and be applied to your FPC degree program.)
Payment of Benefits
The VA pays on a post-payment system, which means the veteran will be paid for the month after it has passed. Payment is made by the VA Regional Office. The first payment takes six to eight weeks after the term begins. Checks are mailed directly to the veteran's address. Please notify the FPC Veterans' Representative of any change of address.
Withdrawing from courses
Withdrawal from courses may result in overpayments and repayment of any money received for the courses from which you withdraw. Consult with the FPC Veterans' Representative before withdrawing from courses. You must notify the Veterans' Representative after any course changes.
The VA will pay for developmental education courses only if the veteran has taken a Texas Success Initiative assessment and the resulting scores indicate a need for developmental education.
Veterans who are required to take developmental education courses will be withdrawn from all courses if they do not enroll in required course(s).
Students are responsible for the cost of all tuition, fees, and books.
Types and Explanation of Benefits:
VA Muskogee Hot Line:
- 1-888-GI-BILL1 or 1-888-442-4551
- Or ask a question online at https://gibill.custhelp.com/app/home
Verify enrollment at the end of each month Chapter 30, 1606 & 1607:
- By phone: 1-877-823-2378 or online: https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Dalhart VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- 325 Denver Ave. Dalhart, TX 79022
- By phone: 806-249-0673
- online: https://www.amarillo.va.gov/