Individual Tutoring Procedures
- Tutors are available during business hours.
- Simply go to the ARC to obtain a tutoring schedule or look on the Student Portal.
- The tutoring schedule will list the tutors' names and areas of specialty.
- Once you have located a tutor on the schedule who can help, simply go to the ARC at that time and ask for assistance.
- If you need to schedule an appointment with the Writing Coach, please contact Derrick Cummings in person or email him at email@example.com.
Group Tutoring Information and Procedure
Tutoring for Distance-Learning and Off-Campus Students
In implementing an innovative student learning center, policies and procedures have been established to further assist students' educational needs.
Learning Center Rules
The Learning Center now consists of TRiO and the Academic Readiness Center (ARC) located in the TRiO/ARC building. It is important for this area to have an environment that is conducive to learning. Those who visit the Learning Center are expected to maintain that learning environment; therefore, the following will be expected of all while in the Learning Center:
- Noise will be kept to a level that is conducive to studying.
- No tobacco products of any kind.
- Children will not be allowed in the Learning Center if they disrupt other students from concentrating on their studies.
- The display or printing of obscene material on lab computers is a Class C misdemeanor of the Texas Penal Code and will not be tolerated. Offenders are subject to prosecution, possible fines, and forfeiture of lab privileges.
- The computers are for educational purposes only.
- Cell phones should be on silent or vibrate. If a call comes in, please leave the Learning Center to answer it.
- All students must sign in through AccuTrack with a current student ID card, and students must sign out when they leave.
If the above rules are not followed, one warning will be given. On the second offense, the student will be asked to leave.
Taking a Test in the ARC
If students need a proctor, they will need to make an appointment with Derrick Cummings (or Bobbie Mosby if they are in TRiO) at least 24 hours in advance. We will provide them with whatever testing instructions are required by the instructor.
- Software: Office 2013
- Student Portal access
Helpful Study Skills Websites
Helpful Study Resources
Need Help with Specific Subjects?
The Computer Lab located in the ARC is a service for students to utilize computers for academic purposes including: working on homework/lab work, researching, and operating student portal and other instructional software.
806-457-4200 ext. 822