Frank Phillips College Plainsmen Multi-functional Student ID Card
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Frank Phillips College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The policy has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The Plainsmen ID Card is an official Frank Phillips College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Frank Phillips College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, and meal plans. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
- Who Qualifies for a card?
- Faculty & Staff
Permanent employees of Frank Phillips College, defined as receiving benefits, are entitled to a free Plainsmen ID Card as a condition of their employment.
- College Board
Any Member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
- Expiration of Plainsmen ID Card
- ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with the College.
- Policy on ID Picture taking
- For ID card pictures Frank Phillips College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
- Card Fee Structure:
- Student's First Card
The cost of the Plainsmen Card is added into the cost of attendance for all students. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
- Students Replacement Cards
An $11 charge will be placed on the student’s college account when a replacement ID card is issued. If payment is not received by due date, student records are sealed by the Business Office. All payments must be submitted to Student Central.
Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
- Free Replacement cards for cardholders
• Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
• If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
- Responsibilities as a Cardholder
- Deactivating or Reinstating your Plainsmen Card
Faculty/Staff, Students, and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Frank Phillips College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
- Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The College's Student Central in the Library provides replacement service of ID cards during operational hours (8 AM - 5 PM, M - Th; 8 AM - 4 PM, F). The cards can be replaced at Student Central. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked token questions for verification purposes before the card is cancelled.
- Information Sources
- Website address: www.FPCTX.edu
E. Effective Date: